The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin is a children’s book written and illustrated by Beatrix Potter.
Squirrel Nutkin, his brother Twinkleberry, and their many cousins sail to Owl Island on little rafts they have constructed of twigs. They offer resident owl Old Brown a gift and ask his permission to do their nut-collecting on his island. Nutkin however dances about impertinently singing a silly riddle. Old Brown pays no attention to Nutkin, but permits the squirrels to go about their work. Every day for six days, the squirrels offer gifts to Old Brown, and every day as well, Nutkin taunts the owl with another sing-song riddle. Eventually, Nutkin annoys Old Brown once too often. The owl seizes Nutkin and tries to skin him alive. Nutkin escapes, but not without losing most of his tail. After this he becomes furious when he is asked riddles.
This enhanced edition comes with the following features:
- Apart from the built-in read-aloud feature, two additional Read-Aloud pages with images and video are added.
- A “Follow Me” function allows you to listen and then read along. Learn by imitation.
- A Picture Match Game with pictures shown in the book. Test your memory with this great game and improve your memory and matching skills.
- A Colouring Game for all age. Fun and interactive!
- A Puzzle Game features three difficulty levels and six Van Gogh’s works to choose from. Play with great masterpieces.
- A Fingertips Game lets you touch and move on the screen with fun. It is a Fingertips game for everyone.